hey

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi again,

It's probably not a good idea to fit a LiPo directly to a receiver, as they might not be happy with the max voltage of 8.4v.

Instead, either use a speed controller, which will plug into the receiver and supply it with 6v, or use a voltage regulator. I'll be swapping or selling them at the next AWS.

As for recharging, you'll need a special type of charger which typically requires its own 12v power supply.

So LiPos are a third of the weight of NiMh, but there's a price to pay in charging it.

Simon
nate200789

Post by nate200789 »

Is there such thing as a NiMh charger that doesn't need a power supply?
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

If you got a Transmitter charger that you can charge Reciever battery with aswell, then yes, but they take usually long time to charge with.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

NiMh chargers are usually mains powered.

Simon
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Mine plugs straight in a wall outlet.

T2M Swallow AC/DC2

It can charge 1 to 14 NiMh cells (1.2V to 16.8V) at a maximum of 5A and up to 5 cells Lipo.

It also sold under various other brandnames. Technobots sells them as the Pro-Peak Sigma AC/DC charger.

http://www.technobots.co.uk
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
antrock101

Post by antrock101 »

thinking it probably best to get another type of battery at this point, how much are your batts and chargers simon btw?, anyone selling any volt regs ?
antrock101

Post by antrock101 »

just a quick bump and a question i have this transmitter and i cant for the life of me fgure out how u use the 3rd channel

http://www.technobots.co.uk/acatalog/On ... z_251.html
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I buy these batteries for ?12 and amongst many, I use this charger which retails for ?35.

I'll be bring a voltage regulator circuit along on Saturday as well to sell or swap.

I don't understand your question about the 3rd channel. What happens when you plug a servo into channel 3 or the receiver?

Simon