Re: Another New Antweight..

Post by Hogi »

now they're cool!
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

It's like an episode of Ooglies!

I don't recognise the red triangle thing or the one with yellow bits, which I'm guessing is a flea?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

The one with yellow bits is Herbert, something bodged together quickly with Park HPX F servo boards, 50:1 motors and a 1 cell battery.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
terminaldamage

Post by terminaldamage »

Rapidrory wrote:The attic here can be a strange place..

I'm sensing a distinct Trap Door vibe going on :)
Trap_Door_The_Trap_Door_DVD.jpg
Trap_Door_The_Trap_Door_DVD.jpg (58.05 KiB) Viewed 6664 times
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Herbert's been banned from playing with the Nanoweights.. :roll:

The big triangle thing is Wedgie; another of Callum's creations that may or may not be making an appearance at the AWS.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Seeing as I've now signed up my team, thought I might give you a bit of a quick rundown of who I'm bringing...

From the left back corner, there's:

Lionel who now has a much improved flipper, which is hopefully now reliable having blown up two servos in a month (It currently has a custom servo that I put together using the best bits of the dead ones and the reliable bits of some reliable ones... seems to work ok now).

BullyDozer which has had many slight alterations, but is a lot better since the last AWS. Can currently beat Stanley about 50% now, though I'm sure Alex'll give you a list of excuses as long as your arm as to why (he seems to come up with a new one every time Stanley goes out :-P)

Flail Whale now has bigger batteries, and more wheels which are also tougher and wider than the previous lot. Hopefully it'll be running properly by the time the AWS comes around; it's not my most reliable robot (a tab has pulled off one of the Lipo cells is it's current problem; replacement batteries should arrive next week)

Mini Tinni Cluster with MiniDozer and Tinny. Tinny is actually one my best robots now as it turns out, having progressed furthest through various of the tournaments at uni.. which is funny considering Dave's original comment about it:
Remote-Controlled Dave wrote: Never say that about "not meant to be competitive" though, cos it means almost certainly that it'll progress further than your "proper" robot through an AWS
...which may well happen :P

I'm entering Nuts and Haggis as my fleas... Haggis isn't likely to do all that well (that's a given for Nuts) because it's quite unstable with such a narrow wheel base. It can selfright, but that takes time by which point you're out of the arena..
I may have another Flea by the AWS just to bulk up the team a bit..

Mini Dozer and Spini are the two Nanos I'm entering, though I'm hopefully gonna have Lift-a-lot (or Sir Lift-a-lot depending on how formal things get :L) by the time the AWS arrives.

Thats it for now, though as I say a few more are likely to join the team before the end of the month.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

And all entered within the limits. These teams are getting almost as big as...well, mine!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i'm loving the googly eyes! i'm sure your gonna win this one rory! what happened to the 6 botlet cluster?
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Quick(ish) Pre AWS update:

Last weekend at Gloucester did not go well for my AWS team; I went with 3 members of the team and returned with only Tinny intact; this is the remains of the other two:

ImageImage

BullyDozer suffered a major Lipo fire due to me stupidly plugging my featherweight battery into the charger before disconnecting the Lipo in Bully (a feature which I'm now going to remove from my charger setup)... This quickly dumped around 12v at 30A into Bully's lipo, which instantly vapourised taking much of BullyDozer with it. It still drives ok now the battery's been replaced, and is going to be entering the AWS as is (I considered renaming it 'Sooty'..), however I'm not yet sure how much of its performance it's lost, which could be a shame as it was my most competitive robot before.

Spini joined a spinner demo with Divinity attacking a coke can, however managed to get a hit from Divinity's blade in the one place that wasn't armoured. This took out the gearbox on one side (among other things), which I originally thought had only broken the cover, but on closer inspection it turned out that one of the gears had been damaged beyond repair. Unfortunately Hobbyking are now out of UK stock for that servo, so I may have to use the parts for Sir Lift-A-Lot to repair it. Unless a large shipment of nanoweight motors arrives before the AWS (which is looking increasingly unlikely) then I'm probably only gonna be running two Nanos.

Still not got my other shipment of antweight motors, so I may or may not have kits for sale at the AWS depending on if they arrive. I do plan to have some ESCs though.. Also means my crazy fleaweight may not make it onto the team either...

In better news though, Flail Whale is up and running again, with new slightly lower capacity batteries that means it's actually in weight now. Just gotta hope it survives until next weekend :roll:
Last edited by Rapidrory on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

That's awful! Hope you get them working for the AWS!