Atom Bomb

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

nyditch wrote:I think a neat arena design would be with the 2" wall around two opposite corners, kinda like this.
_______.............
...........................|
...........................|
............ _______|

That way you have two places to still corner somebody and it leaves two corners completely open.
I built a kind of "modular" arena with 8 wall sections, each the length of 1/4 of a side. This allows all sorts of wall/gap arrangements including the one above, 4 small corner walls, 4 corner drop-offs etc etc. The different arrangments call for some different strategies, especially when driving/fighting a fast ram-bot.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I really like that gyro walker idea, its just so silly and awesome. 150g spinner hmmmm
TEAM GEEK!
nyditch

Post by nyditch »

BeligerAnt wrote:I built a kind of "modular" arena with 8 wall sections, each the length of 1/4 of a side. This allows all sorts of wall/gap arrangements including the one above, 4 small corner walls, 4 corner drop-offs etc etc. The different arrangments call for some different strategies, especially when driving/fighting a fast ram-bot.
That's a pretty good idea. If this arena insert idea of mine comes together, I'll definitely do that. Then if too many people here riot about it having too much pushout area (wimps) I can add some more wall.
Team Misfit, California, USA
One of those crazy Americans.
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

sorry for the bump, but just to say that your "gyrobot" walker is awsome! really clever design, do you have servo's or something pulling the disk left/right?

jack
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics